Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ella's First Haircut & more Summer Fun

We were back to the salon this week so the girls could get their hair trimmed before our trip to Houston in a couple of weeks. Ella has been getting heat rash or some reaction to pool water or something, so I really thought it was time to get her hair cut considering I cannot keep ponytails in for longer than an hour. So here they are getting a wash and cut.


Earlier, we had gone to gymnastics class then straight to Maddie's swim team practice. While Maddie swims the little girls play at the park. It rained alot the night before so there were puddles in the sand. Both little girls had on dresses. First, Hannah put her feet in the puddles and they were having fun. Within 10 minutes they were both tummy down in the puddles, completely soaked with dirt and sand in every crevice!


Luckily we were at the pool so I asked them to use the showers and I hosed the girls down and being the prepared mother I am, I had extra outfits in the van. Maddie said, while we were getting gas, that people might think we were "traveling" from all of the stuff we had in the van... no sweat for me, I once went on a Spring Break vacation with no place to stay, I know how to shower in public bathrooms and change in the car! I also don't mind sleeping on beaches, but I have not forced that upon my children...yet!

So here is Ella, with a new "do." She was really happy to get it short, she was running around yelling how she felt free and could fly! The stylist bought her some m&m's to bribe her keep still, I think it worked well. In the mean time, I had Maddie getting a trim and a few layers and Hannah getting hers trimmed.
Charlotte, our neighbor, was also with us and she said she wanted to get her hair cut too. Her mom had dropped her off while we were at the park earlier and she does not have a cell phone so we tracked her dad down at work to ask permission. Charlotte had not cut her hair for years, sot his was a very big deal.Maddie is also having a few more girls join her at Hula class. Charlotte is one of them, because I can just get her in the car with us without having to drive to get her. But the two other little girls are part Hawaiian also. Their grandmother is native, I wondered what took them so long to get there! They said they just didn't know the class existed. So that is exciting to get to meet more Hawaiian people in town. I can't wait for the next show.





Maddie and Hannah are doing great in gymnastics. Since swim team has begun, Maddie is not quite as excited about gymnastics, but it is good for her. Helps her move her body!



This is the LOVE sculpture at WSU. I have been wanting to get a picture with the girls on it, I think I will plan someday to have cute outfits on and get a really good picture.
I had to include this picture of Aly giving Maddie her birthday present. It was so funny, she made a gift bag full of books and a necklace and bracelet and it had candy in a little plastic dish in the bottom. Maddie loved it all but when Aly was describing each thing, she said that the candy was all the ones that she did not like, so she thought she would pass it on! Look at her smile as she told her!

This is Maddie's first night of swim team. We went at 8pm and she was kindof nervous in the beginning. There were lots of teenagers and only 4 kids under 10. The coach said not to worry if they didn't understand what she was talking about in the beginning, and that they would catch on. Then she says...OK...swim at 350! Hello! 350? That is like 20 laps or something! And of course, Maddie is like "what's a 350?"


So the kids started diving in like turtles going back to sea and there was Maddie...she dove in like she had done it before!!! And proceeded to start swimming laps. For an hour they swam and I was so proud of her. She didn't quit or cry and considering she just learned how to swim 25 yard continuously in her last swim lesson session, she is awesome. And she fell in love with it. Immediately she was talking about when we go back and what times she could do this, how fun!


Johnny Boy had a gig this weekend. Softie http://www.softierockmusic.com/ played to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. It was at a bar I had not been to yet called Lucky's. But before hand we went out for date night to a restaurant called Sumo, a Japanese grill where they cook at the table. And when we came out, our cars looked like this!

This is my friend Danna's car. Our van was down the lot and it was still covered in mud. Someone had gone through a muddy/grassy lot and just covered a row of like 15 cars with mud. The story gets better though...of course, Danna and I leave because she needed to run by the mall to buy a purse she'd been wanting. We call the guys and say "what did you think about the mud?" They are in the process of a verbal "incident" with the management...and they are getting the cops called on them....oh my gosh, it was crazy because they did nothing wrong, but when they went inside to complain about it they were insanely defensive and just started yelling that 'They f-ed up and they were calling 911." How we all f-up, I am not sure, but no cops ever came, John & the other guys never did anything wrong. But I must say I was worried because I know John can run his mouth a little over the edge sometimes...especially when he has a reason. But his friend Jason was actually the one running his mouth about customer service...they made it to the bar safe and sound but talked about it the rest of the night, and the next morning!
I thought some of you might enjoy seeing ol' Kevin Kunce! Look at that long hair and belly! We went over to his house afterward and he and John had a little bonding time! Would you know that these guys have been best friends since they were 14! Dorks.

No comments: