Sunday, July 13, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Another eventful weekend for the girls... We have been staying very busy, mostly with swimming and shuffling these girls from place to place. I'm about to start teaching my summer class, so I've been doing some of my planning for that. I am looking forward to teaching, summers are kindof a different feel. Hopefully my class will be involved in the learning process and we'll have a very positive experience.

The 4th weekend was a lot of fun. We were sad because MeeMaw Geni was not with us. Grandma Shirley (Geni's mom) who lives in Iowa, had to have en emergency back surgery. Yikes! So Geni went to be with her and make sure she began recovery well...so we began with a picnic and Aunt Pam and Uncle Dale's. They had it all hooked up! With a 50 foot long slip n slide! The big kids played for like two hours and then the little kids got a smaller version later on. The girls were hilarious. Not to mention that I think it is so funny to see people slip around and fall down! Not as much as my friend Kele of course, who laughs hysterically when someone falls or throws up while running 5 miles....

But anyway, they were a little slow to warm up and of course we had to make Maddie be the one to be an example. No one was hurt!
We had some dinner. I made a weight watchers apple slaw that took me at least an hour of slicing and dicing. I need some kind of machine or tool to do that from now on, but it was good. Only one point per serving. I also made a fruit pizza...a few more points per serving, but people love those. I made sure to leave it and not take any leftovers home. After dinner, the fireworks began. The little ones had sparklers...and papa Bruce....well, let's say...no, say nothing...those fireworks were huge!@!!@!


It was so cool. I tried to do a few camera tricks to see what kinds of pictures I could get. We had s'mores afterward and of course my girls loved that, they are chocolate-hounds!The next day, we went for another cookout and swim. Geni's friend has a pool and it was a perfect day for swimming all day long. This was Maddie's first time to dive off of a diving board ever!

Pretty good, then John goes for some of his fancy moves. He loves to flip...This is neat...then Maddie thinks she can go ahead and go for that...However, you can see how close her back is to the water...she does not have time to flip much further. You might say, it did not go over well. She thought she had died when she hit, smack on her back. Of course, I had a little of my nervous laughter from seeing such a sight, she did not like that either. But she recovered, only to try it again later and do the same exact thing!
Here's Sue, she has not been much for getting all the way into the water lately. She just wants to run around, get on the steps, and not get her face in. We'll give her some time!

No comments: